Unhyeon Palace is a palace from the Joseon era located in Jongno-gu, Seoul.

Admission is free.

Norak-dang(노락당)

is the main building of the “Unhyeon Palace” and was completed in September 1864. Various celebrations related to the Heungseon Daewongun Family(흥선대원군일가), such as a 60th birthday party and banquet, were held.

Noan-dang(노안당)

is a building that played a role like an office where political discussions took place as a “(Sarangchae : a man’s living space and a place to welcome guests”).

Iro-dang(이로당)

Completed in 1870, the building is located on the far left side of “Unhyeon Palace” and, together with “Norak-dang”, played the role of the Purlin. Because it was a space only for women who were forbidden for men, the building is formed in a square shape so that it cannot be easily invaded, and a garden is provided in the center.

Sujiksa(수직사)

Is the building where the people who were in charge of security and management of “Unhyeon Palace” lived. At that time, in Unhyeon Palace, which has a vast site area, it seems that a good amount of people stayed here and were on duty.

Unhyeon Palace Western-style building

“Unhyeon Palace Western-style building” is designated as a modern cultural heritage as a historically valuable building, but it is prohibited to enter the building.

It became a filming location for the Korean drama “Tokebi” that became a big hit at the end of 2016, and it became famous all at once.

Opening hours >>>

April-October 9:00-19:00 (last reception 18:30)

November-March 9:00-18:00 (last reception 17:30)

Closed every Monday

Access >>>

It is a 1-minute walk from Subway Line 3 Anguk Station Exit 4.

[ⓒmottokorea All rights reserved]

Leave a Reply