[Reporter Seong Jung-eun of Daily Economy Star Today]

Portal site Nate shuts down entertainment news comment service on July 7. As a result, comments will disappear from the three portal entertainment news, including Naver and Daum.

Nate said in a news section announcement on the 30th, “The comment service will be closed on entertainment news from July 7.”

Nate explained, “The entertainment news comments reflected the opinions of users who expressed concern about their negative effects in addition to the net function to support broadcast programs or entertainers.”

Nate will continue to provide comment services for news other than entertainment, but has decided to disclose users’ history of using comments. Nate announced in another bulletin article that “MY comments will be released to other users from July 7.”

Nate has been making users choose whether or not to release ‘MY Comments’, but said, “The social responsibility of comments is increasingly emphasized.”

On the other hand, Daum has removed comments on entertainment news since October of last year, and Naver from March of this year.

sje@mkinternet.com
[Ⓒmottokorea All rights reserved]

Leave a Reply