Posted on: 2020-11-24 Posted by: motto k Comments: 0

[Reporter Se-yeon Park, Daily Economy Star Today]

The 4th trial of a military trial related to prostitution mediation and embezzlement of former Big Bang member Seungri (real name Lee Seung-Hyun=) while serving in the military has been postponed due to COVID-19.

According to military officials on the 24th, the date of the witness newspaper for the fourth trial on suspicion of prostitution and embezzlement, which is scheduled to be held at the General Military Court of the Ground Operations Command in Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, was postponed to December.

A military official said, “According to the rise of COVID-19, a recommendation was made to postpone the trial until December 7,” and “We will postpone the date of the victory witness newspaper scheduled on November 26 and proceed after December 10.”

Earlier in the 3rd trial held on the 19th, Kim, a friend of Seungri, who attended as a witness, drew attention by unfolding a claim to the effect that he received an order to mediate prostitution from Yu In-seok, former CEO of Yuri Holdings. When questioning the content, he answered, “It was Yu In-seok’s order (not Seungri), and I just did what I told him to do.” He also said that he had never seen a scene where Seungri had sex with a woman, and that he had never seen an illegal filming.

From December 2015 to January of the following year, Seungri was charged with mediating prostitution to investors from Taiwan, Japan, and Hong Kong several times in order to attract investment for clubs and financial investment businesses. During the same period, they are also charged with prostitution (violation of the Act on the Punishment of Acts such as Prostitution). In addition, the club ‘Burning Sun’ embezzlement of 528 million won (violation of the Act on aggravated punishment for certain economic crimes) in the name of the brand usage fee of the pub ‘Monkey Museum’ in Gangnam, Seoul. He was also charged with stealing 22 million won (embezzlement in business). In addition, from December 2013 to August 2017, he spent 2.2 billion won (regular gambling) while gambling several times at hotel casinos in Las Vegas, USA. They are also charged with not doing business (violation of the Foreign Exchange Transaction Act).

Seungri admitted only the violation of the Foreign Exchange Transaction Act out of a total of eight charges, and denies the remaining seven charges.

psyon@mk.co.kr

[Ⓒmottokorea All rights reserved]

Leave a Comment